Saturday, February 1, 2020

Focusing on The Right Things

The vase is a D.I. treasure I found this week.
I already had the flowers.
Sometimes I have made the mistake of listing in my mind all of the problems, or challenges that everyone in my family is dealing with.  The longer I count the problems, the more picked on and discouraged I feel.

One of my favorite quotes lately is from Elder Christofferson:  "The joy we feel has little to do with the circumstances of our lives and everything to do with the focus of our lives."

When I catch myself starting to think of all of the things that are wrong, I change my focus to all of the good things about, and happening to, each family member, or I focus on the Savior and all that he has done for us all.  Changing my focus changes my mood and makes my days brighter.

No comments: