Friday, December 2, 2022

A Country Christmas Date

The horses that pulled
our wagon.  You can't see it here
But they were steaming in the cold!

The highlight of my day was a date with Derek.  I wanted to do something different than usual and so when I saw Young Living's Country Christmas advertised I got us tickets.  Little did I know that I picked the day that was the coldest of any we've had so far!  When we left to come home, the car's thermometer said it was 10 degrees there!  It slowly "warmed up" until it was 21 degrees here at home.  So, it wasn't the longest date ever but we did everything there was to do.  We walked around and saw the lights.  Stood by the fires.  Saw the animals, and took a horse drawn wagon ride.  Finally, we went inside a building and had hot chocolate (me) or apple cider slush (Derek) and warm apple cider donuts.  After that we booked it back to the car and came home.
Derek kind of missed himself in this "selfie"


This innocent looking creature bit my elbow while we were taking the picture of us.
Luckily it only got slobber on my coat and it is being washed anyway
because it smells like smoke.



Me in front of the donkeys who were too far away to bite me.
But they did have a warning sign by them!

A goat picture for Kayli, who loves goats

For some reason or another I thought I ought to explain that I am on purpose posting the happy parts of my day.  Some days are really hard.  And today I really needed a nap (and actually took one!) But, when I stop and review every day at the end, there is always at least one thing to be thankful for!

No comments: