Wednesday, December 14, 2022

A Little Bit Stuck In A Snow Bank

Miss Piggy The Fabulous
(Muppet designed by Bonnie Erickson and voiced by the late Frank Oz and now Eric Jacobson)

I always think of Miss Piggy when I think of being stuck in a snowbank because in our old Muppet's Christmas video she calls Kermit and explains that she's late because "I just got a little bit stuck in a snow bank".  So today, when I was trying to pick up my friend's daughter from school I got in too big of a hurry backing out and backed into the snow bank.  It was made up of snow pushed to the side of the driveway where I usually back out when it isn't snowy.  

I tried to call my friend but my phone wouldn't work until I restarted it and then she didn't answer.  I got Dan who came and tried to dig me out - but it was taking too long.  I finally called the school and told them I was running late and might not actually make it.  Then Kayli got home and she let me use her car.  I tried to call my friend again, or the school, but my phone wouldn't work again and I had to restart it again.  So, I got to the school a bit late, but I picked up my little friend and took her home and got my daughter's car back home safely.

In the mean time Dan worked really hard and dug the van out.  I left it there in the driveway, but Kayli went out later and put it in the garage.  All is well that ends well I guess!  It was a bit of excitement for the day and I at least got to say hello to my friend and give her a hug before heading back home.

No comments: