Friday, December 30, 2022

The God of Many Chances

I liked this picture.  Children can learn to love God and His word too!
Photo by Samantha Sophia on Unsplash

This year as we have studied the Old Testament, we have seen how God can use very flawed people to do His work.  We have seen Him allowing people to make their mistakes, and then repent, and then make their mistakes, and repent ....etc. etc. 

Today as I was reading from 3 Nephi in the Book of Mormon I was struck again by how many chances we are given to repent.  Even if we fall away into pride and wickedness over and over again, God is willing to take us back if we will just turn to Him, repent, and follow Him to the very best of our ability.  He is a God of hope.  No matter how far down we think we have fallen, He is there waiting to lift us up and forgive us.  He is our Savior and Redeemer and He did hard things to save us.  He really wants us to receive that gift!  I am thankful that He finds me worth saving and that He loves it when I choose to be close to Him.  

...how oft will I gather you as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, if ye will repent and return unto me with full purpose of heart. (3 Nephi 10:6)

 

No comments: