Tuesday, December 27, 2022

Friends

Photo by Nick Fewings on Unsplash

A friend was having a hard day since she couldn't make it to see her new grandbaby born.  She came back to work in the temple when she knew she couldn't go. If she had gone home she would have just cried all day and she knew she would feel better at the temple.  She would have friends who love her and who would make her smile and laugh, and she knew that is what she needed.  

I think when hard things happen we could all use good friends who will  love us, understand our situation, and help us to smile and laugh - or at least help us to feel less alone.  It was fun to watch the nice ladies in the office take time to talk to her.  One even had her daughter drive over a heart shaped rock she had found to give her.  My friend who was having a hard day left happier than when she came in.

I have friends like that who are good at listening, caring, loving, and making me smile and I am thankful!

No comments: