Thursday, August 10, 2023

An Unsolvable Mystery

 At the beginning of July I managed to break the crown on my tooth in the very back of my mouth.  Right side, bottom back tooth.  I stalled in doing anything about it since it didn't bother me, but finally went to get a temporary crown three weeks ago.  The very next morning it came out with my "Optisleep" device.

This is the device
my crown got stuck in.
I had to pry the crown out of the device and then I just kept it in the same container.  I didn't go back to have the temporary crown put back in because I didn't want to be numbed again and I could mostly avoid being too zinged by the sensitive tooth.

I do have a witness that I kept the crown in with the pictured device.  It was there for at least a week -- maybe two.  But then I noticed it was missing.  I looked all over my room and bathroom for it, but couldn't find it.  I wasn't worried about it, and just assumed it must have accidentally washed it down the sink.  I had been flossing back there every day since my temporary crown fell out since I was no longer worried about the it falling out.

Fast forward to this morning.  I went to get my real crown and the assistant asked how the temporary crown had worked out.  I told her it had fallen out the day after I got it and then I had lost it.  A few minutes later she had me open my mouth and proceeded to pull it out!  I'm pretty sure she thought I was crazy.  I have absolutely no idea how it got back in my mouth.  What are the chances of it happening to land just in the right spot in my Optisleep device so that when I put it in the crown went onto my tooth and then didn't fall out again even though it was no longer glued and I was constantly flossing?  I may forget some things, but I am pretty sure I would have remembered trying to put that thing back on!
This really is just an unsolvable mystery.  

No comments: