Thursday, August 3, 2023

Remembering to Look Up

 

I went for a walk with Teddy this morning like I do most weekday mornings.  This morning everything was wet and there was a slight sprinkle of rain.  I chose to walk up the hill first because I like walking down the other side of the block and looking at the lake.  As I walked I was trying to make sure that Teddy didn't step in any mud, and that I was not stepping on or in anything that would cause me problems.  It wasn't until I was almost home that I realized I hadn't ever looked up!  I forgot to look at the lake!  I looked up at the beautiful mountains and clouds and was grateful for them, but was sorry I hadn't looked up sooner. (And I didn't want to go back!:-)

This experience reminded me of how often in my days, while I am busy and concerned about various things, I can forget to look up to God and be grateful, or even to ask for help!  I acknowledge that there are a lot of problems and really hard things in this world, but there is also a lot of beauty and kindness.  Today is a good day for me to reinstate Thankful Thursday where I spend the day looking for, and thanking Heavenly Father for the many blessings that I have been given.  I hope you can look around and find many things to be thankful for too.


All of the pictures in this post were taken this morning after my walk with Teddy.
It is a beautiful cloudy morning!

No comments: