Tuesday, August 8, 2023

My Happy Place

 

Today is Tuesday and so it was my day to go and work in the office at the Payson Temple.  Even if I am tired or grumpy when I arrive, I am almost always smiling and happy while I am there.

Today I walked in and my friend Marge started singing "Happy Birthday" (quietly).  It took me a minute to realize she was singing to me since it isn't my birthday!  It had come up on her calendar today and so I got early birthday wishes.

I have been looking for a part time job and the head clerk Julie is one of my references.  I told her I had applied for more jobs -- at schools and as an administrative assistant at a place in town.  She said, "I think you would be good at whatever you decide to do."  How nice is that?

Then Kayli came by to pick up family cards she had me print and so I got a hug, and some banana bread that my daughter Tia had made.  (I saved that for the way home).  I was uncharacteristically in the back using a fancy cutting machine when Kayli came, and after I had not taken my place at the main phone for a while Julie asked, "Are you going to be you today?"  I laughed and went to take my spot from another worker who was happy to give it up.

It is so good to be where the people who call, and come to the desk, and ask for help, or give help, are almost always kind and grateful.  We are happy to be there and happy to be together.  The temple is beautiful, but the beauty of the love given within the building is my favorite.  It really is my happy place.

No comments: