Friday, September 20, 2019

CALM

Clouds on the mountains behind my neighbor's houses.
In the book Anxious For Nothing Max Lucado has an acronym that is meant to help us remember how to live with less anxiety.

Celebrate God's Goodness
Ask God for help
Leave concerns with Him
Meditate on good things

 In Philippians 4:4 it says, "Rejoice in the Lord always:  and again I say Rejoice."  This is where the idea of celebrating God's goodness came from, and I like the question asked in the book.  "How will you express your joy for God's goodness today." 

In order to express my joy in God's goodness, I have to take the time to think about the fact that He is good!  This morning is a gray, rainy, chilly morning -- and I love sunshine.  But I also love the gray clouds that sit on top of the mountains hiding the peaks.  I like that God watered my garden this morning and so I don't have to.  The air is chilly, but it is fresh, and smells good.  There are many ways that God is good, and so there is plenty to celebrate if I focus on those things!

No comments: