Friday, September 13, 2019

Too Little or Too Much?

I got on the treadmill today (Tuesday).  Yay me!  I planned on walking 20 minutes.  I haven't done even that much in a while.  And then I thought, "Maybe I can do 30.  I should do 30".  And then my hurt leg started to ache and I thought, "Is this good or bad?  Is it really aching or am I just paying too much attention to it?"  And then, after 10 minutes, I got off.  So, was that too little?  Or too much?

I think perhaps that I spend way too much time trying to decide if I have done too little of something, or too much.  I got off.  So, at least in the moment, I thought maybe that was enough for today.  Worrying over whether it is too little or two much isn't really making my day any better.  I have plenty to do.  I went outside and watered plants and played with the dog and picked the vegetables.  I am showered and clean, and ready for the activities of the day.

So too little?  Or too much?
Let's go with enough!
Photo by Allie Smith on Unsplash

No comments: