Sunday, September 29, 2019

Happy Birthday to Me -- and My Friend Linda :-)

Cheerful flowers from Derek
One of my college roommates and I share a birthday -- September 28th.  That has been a really good thing for me over the years because she has been so good at remembering, and wishing me a happy day with nice notes or texts.  I was going to be the first one to send a message yesterday, and then I got distracted and she texted me first!  Yay for faithful, kind friends.
Lovely flowers from Derek's parents
I like my birthdays.  Probably because my family and friends tend to spoil me.  What is not to like about a day when people continuously are sending good wishes, and kind words?  And I get presents!  And someone else makes dinner!  And I get to hear from all of my children!  Occasionally people stop by, or call, and I can choose what I want to do.
So yesterday was a great day all around and there are still a few birthday activities ahead of me!
More beautiful flowers from
my friend Carrie who stopped by.
Derek holding my muffin with some ....
Trick candles!
And I'm wearing the jeans and sweater
he bought me.
One of the many times I blew the candles out.
Thanks to my wonderful friends and family who made this birthday a happy one by showing me love in lots of different ways (time, gifts, notes, cooking, a pie, etc.)  I am very thankful for all of you.

No comments: