Saturday, September 14, 2019

The Characteristics of An Elephant -- And A Friend

The other day I came home to find this elephant waiting for me and taking care of some jelly.  A friend brought me both.  This is the same friend who brought me my big elephant.  In the note she sent with my first elephant she said that elephants have been associated with loyalty, patience, and wisdom and that surely the big ears are good for listening.

On africageographic.com they say that elephants have at least five traits in common with people: family bonds, empathy, mischief, communication, and mourning.

My elephants aren't really alive, but my big one is really good to hug, which gives me comfort, and my little one make me smile, which adds happiness to my days.  Both of them communicate the kindness of a friend and her care for me.  She is good at being loyal, patient and wise, and is good at listening.  Family bonds are important to her, she is empathetic, can be mischievous (can't we all?), is good at communication, and no doubt, as a human, has people to mourn over and with.  I am thankful for my elephants.  I am even more thankful for my friend.

No comments: