Saturday, September 28, 2019

With An Eye Of Faith

***
When I was a child I tried to walk on water.
But walking on water was impossible for me.
So how do I know that Jesus walked on water?
And that He has the power to calm the raging sea?


With an eye of faith I can believe and understand
That if He were calling to me
I could walk to Him, and if I sank, 
He would save me from the sea.


How do I know that He is the creator?
How can I know he healed the lame and made the blind to see?
And how as the world seems now so full of darkness,
Can I believe in a light so strong it can light the way for me?


With an eye of faith I can imagine and believe
That Jesus made a butterfly for me;
Creating gentle winds and majestic mountains
And giving me light to see.


How in a world with many, many voices
Shouting about how they think that things should be
Can I hear the quiet voice of the Holy Spirit
Gently speaking of a Savior who came to rescue me?


With an eye of faith I can see Christ on the water
Walking through the waves to-wards me
And though the wind is raging all around
I can hear His voice calming me.


When I was a child I tried to walk on water.
And walking on water was impossible to me.
But now I know that Jesus walked on water
And with an eye of faith His power comes to me.
by Sherie

Picture by Robert T. Barrett. Used by permission from churchofjesuschrist.org
***I started this the last day of August and finished it the first week of September.
It has a melody which one day I will record :-)

1 comment: