Tuesday, June 18, 2019

Creativity

This picture was taken by Trisa in Cedar City.
It is a sunset with a rainbow and lightning.
Proof that God is creative!

Another picture of the sunset / rainbow in Cedar City that Trisa took pictures of.

I believe she captured a bit of a double rainbow in this one!
God is creative.  We can see His creativity in everything -- people, animals, fish, landscape, etc.  I still remember hearing the talk Happiness, Your Heritage by President Uchtdorf where He talks about God's creativity and how as God's children it is our heritage to have a desire and ability to create.  Using that creativity helps to bring us, and those around us, joy.

I know that some people do not think they are creative at all, and then there are people like Dan who regularly get "lost in their imagination", always busy creating new stories, and activities.  Creativity covers so many things, and we are all creative.  I think that sometimes we view creativity through a narrow lens, but it covers many things.  

We can create words, music, paintings, gardens, pictures, and beautiful spaces. We can create smiles that spread, and the desire to laugh.  Some people create calm and peace just by their presence.  There are so many things to create that I could not possibly list them all.  I enjoy creating poems, a funny voice for my Princess Puppet, music, blogs, and notes or letters.  I love creating organization out of the chaos that often exists in closets, or messy rooms.  I also enjoy creating time in my day to enjoy the creations of others!

There is happiness and joy to be found in creating, and sharing our creations -- no matter how imperfect they may be.

No comments: