Wednesday, June 19, 2019

Happy Birthday to Travis

Trisa and Travis about a year ago.
Travis has been a part of our family for 5 1/2 years.  Here are some things I know about him:

*When I need someone to run to the store while Travis is here, he is always willing to go.  And he's been very kind when I need help and have gotten a little emotional asking for it.

*Travis gets up early.  I have very little evidence that Travis actually sleeps.  He does not understand us slugs who can't drag ourselves out of bed with, or maybe before, the sun.

*Travis likes to play Monopoly

* Travis brings fun computer games that we can play as a family sometimes, and other times he just hands over one of his devices to Dan with a fun game for him to play.

*Travis really likes customer appreciation day at the place in Orem where he has taken classes and bought equipment for his business.

*Travis likes to cook -- at least more than me!

*Travis likes funny memes.

*Travis seems to like to say shocking, or embarrassing things to make things awkward.  He doesn't get embarrassed about most things -- but I think he does get a little embarrassed when we try to give him complements.

*Travis likes dogs -- at least his dogs.

*Travis is really great at cleaning carpets, and tile.

*Travis likes to help.

*Every time I wish Travis a happy birthday, he wishes me a happy birthday back -- even though it really isn't close to my birthday.  I suppose that covers it in September in case he forgets.

*I love Travis.  Life is hard.  People can be unkind, kidney stones and hospital bills can surprise you, trucks break down and cost a lot to be repaired, work can be too busy, or not busy enough, and sometimes life is hard for no reason that we've figured out.  Travis keeps working and helping and trying to figure out how to deal with it all.  I hope this year is a happy one for him.

No comments: