Sunday, June 30, 2019

Live Each Day Like It's Your Last

I heard on television tonight that we should live every day like it is our last.  My thought.  Ice cream!  If this were my last day I would eat soft ice cream.  Vanilla.  In a cone.  I would NOT go jogging.  I would NOT mow the lawn.  There are quite a few things I would NOT do.

My conclusion?  If I were to live every day like it was my last day I would weigh about 400 pounds and live in a jungle of weeds and super tall grass.  Of course, I'm sure they meant to live every day according to your priorities, and really be in each moment, enjoying the people who (I think) are generally the priorities. 

So, I won't live every day exactly like it is my last -- but I do hope to remember what is really important, and to not stress out over stuff that doesn't matter.  Of course -- I'll fail at this quite a bit, but I'll succeed sometimes!  And on my "last" day, hopefully I wouldn't spend a lot of time dwelling on the fact that I'm imperfect and just enjoy the fact that I try hard  -- bless my heart!

No comments: