Saturday, June 29, 2019

Warrior of Light

Aren't I a scary warrior?  Ha ha ha ha!
I decided not to try to look fierce.  I'm bad at it.

Scary Sherie (not!)
I was trying to imagine myself as a warrior in the usual sense the other day.  I mean -- I own a sword!  But it is a very light wooden sword used to practice Tai Chi.  I don't really have enough muscles to do any fighting.  I'd probably lose an arm wrestle with almost anyone, and I hate conflict anyway so I might be inclined to duck my head, close my eyes tight, cover my ears and hope any conflict stops soon!

Why was I trying to imagine myself a warrior?  Because I have a book about being a Prayer Warrior.  Someone who takes the time to talk to God, to acknowledge his power, to be grateful for His gifts, to repent of sins, and to ask for help for others as well as self -- expecting that miracles will happen if the requests align with His will.  A prayer warrior takes time to study out what His will would be too, so that the prayers are more effective.
I can be a prayer warrior.  And so can you.  And if that's all we can do for good, we will have accomplished a great deal.  But is there something else we can do?

I believe that we can be Warriors of Light.  The Lord is my light, and as I do and say things that He would do and say, and stand up for Him and His teachings, then I am being a Warrior for Christ -- which is a Warrior of Light.  I like the idea of practicing being this kind of warrior.  The more I practice, the more His light can shine through me, and where light is, darkness cannot stay!

*The book on being a prayer warrior is called The Battle Plan for Prayer by Stephen and Alex Kendrick

No comments: