Monday, June 17, 2019

Striving For Perfection

Is it a good thing to strive for perfection?  I think the answer to that is a bit tricky.  If I am always trying to be perfect, I am going to fail repeatedly, and it will seem like a more monumental fail if I am comparing myself to perfection.  Reaching that goal will seem discouraging and impossible.  I can be made perfect in Christ, through His grace, but in my thinking, it is best for me to strive for improvement.

If I try for improvement and fail, the fail isn't as big and I will know that, with a little bit more work, I can improve.  It is easier to give grace to myself, and to receive grace, as I strive for improvement in all I do.  Heavenly Father and the Savior are happy with improvement.  Constant improvement, in the very long run, with grace, does lead to perfection.

*Photo by Ray Hennessy on Unsplash

No comments: