Tuesday, October 22, 2019

How Do I Get Energized In The Morning?

When I was young and staying at my Grandma Fuller's house I loved waking up to the breeze blowing the curtains in the wind.  I'm guessing she didn't have blinds because if I try that now I get "bang, bang, bang" (and possibly sneeze, sneeze, sneeze) along with blowing curtains.  And actually I don't have curtains in my room right now!!

When I was in high school I somehow ended up with the 5:30 a.m. shower time.  I set my radio alarm for 5:00 a.m. and would just lie there and listen to music for half an hour, and then get up.  I don't do that anymore because I'm pretty sure that I'd either fall asleep again, or lie awake worrying that I would fall asleep again.  In high school I can only remember falling back asleep a time or two.

My favorite way to do mornings is quietly.  Get up.  Read.  Listen to soft music.  And just enjoy the peace of the morning.  Once I have done those things it is easier for me to get started on my "to do" list.  On the other hand, it also works if I have a time I need to be somewhere.  I still like to ease in to the day, but it forces me to get moving sooner, and the faster I move the more awake I become. If I am late, then the adrenaline I get because I hate being late will wake me up pretty quickly too!

So, how do I get energized in the morning?  It really depends on who is around and what my schedule is like, but I prefer at least a good solid hour of quiet activities before I have to really be awake, and then making myself move seems to create the energy I need -- most of the time.

**Photo by Eduard Militaru on Unsplash

No comments: