Tuesday, October 8, 2019

Squirrel!!!

Sometimes we laugh at how a dog can be distracted from following instructions by a squirrel.  It might move across its path, or just up a tree that can be seen out of the corner of the eye.  It's kind of like me when I start one chore, and then, while going to get a tool to perform that chore I get distracted doing a different job that I saw along the way, which can happen several times with none of the jobs getting done!

I think in life it is very easy to get distracted in that way.  I have sometimes gotten on Facebook or email to write someone a specific message only to find later that I had spent half hour looking at things, turned off the computer, and forgot the message entirely!  Is it any wonder that we are constantly being warned by church leaders to watch out for distractions!  They take our time and keep us from doing the important things.  Now, I just need to somehow keep myself from being distracted by every little "squirrel" that crosses my path, so that I can get more good things done!

**Photo by Shane Young on Unsplash

No comments: