Thursday, October 24, 2019

In The Quiet Heart ....

...Is hidden sorrows that the eye can't see.**
All I have are pictures of Kayli's "sillies".  Dogs can be good at sensing hidden sorrows!

Have you ever not felt well, and then looked in the mirror and been surprised that you look the same as always?  Or have you ever felt overwhelmed, or sad, or lonely, and been in a group of people thinking how odd it is that nobody can tell?  Have you put on a happy face, given a happy sounding hello, maybe even professing to be doing very well, when you really want to cry, and you wish someone would see, and care, and know how to help?

Today my physical therapist mentioned the line above about hidden sorrows.  He said he believes it is absolutely true that everyone has them.  I agree.  We are all, at least sometimes, the one with the sorrows, the sickness, the loneliness, and the feelings of being overwhelmed.  We are also the ones, at least sometimes, who are available to take the time to listen, and see, and care, and help.  Often, we are both at the same time -- the helper, and the one needing help. 

I am grateful for the people who check on me.  Those who smile, or wave, or say hello.  Who help me at the pharmacy, or the grocery store, or the doctor's office and are kind.  I love those who take the time to listen, and to care.  I appreciate all who, even without seeing my hidden sorrows, still make them feel lighter and easier to carry.

**(Lord, I Would Follow Thee, Susan Evans McCloud)

No comments: