Monday, October 21, 2019

Trip to Barnes and Noble

The other day after going to the medical oncologist office to get a ginormous shot in my arm to strengthen my bones, I took the gift card my Mom gave me for my birthday and went to Barnes and Noble -- the book store.  Fun!!!

A couple of years ago I decided that I was going to buy myself a planner to put in my purse, and I loved it.  I have loved the things in this year's planner, but didn't love the outside so much, and I accidentally broke it's spine.  So when I went to Barnes and Noble to find next year's planner, and I found one I liked that actually started in August, I retired my old one and started using my new one the next day.

The planner gives fun prompts every week and month and gives me things to think about and a place to write what I come up with.  It's the kind of thing I like. Derek would, just possibly, roll his eyes if I expected him to use something like it.  One prompt was, "What are 5 things you would like to learn?"

Have you ever noticed that the things we want to know aren't necessarily the things we want to learn?  For example, I would like to know how to paint beautiful pictures, but I'm really not interested in actually taking the time to learn how.  It was a bit of a struggle to find 5 things I wanted to take the effort to learn!  Quite honestly, some of the 5 I listed don't spark enthusiasm.  Luckily my planner only instructed me to try one this month.  I must follow the planner's rules, right?  Ha ha ha.  Naturally, I'm more likely to try to over-achieve by trying to start all of them this month.

Anyhow, if you want, you can enjoy coming up with 5 things you'd like to learn, and you can try one this month.  Or, you can roll your eyes.  That's fine too :-)

No comments: