Wednesday, October 16, 2019

Thursday: The Mall, The Windy Beach, And the Missing Dolphins

Thursday I really wanted to find Kayli and me some shirts that matched.  Shirts that maybe represented our trip in some way.  So, we looked up stores and headed to the mall.  This mall was ginormous!  When we gave up on finding shirts that said something besides "New York" or "Harvard" or that were Disney shirts size triple XL, we wanted a smoothie.  We looked up somewhere to go.  It was 3 minutes away by car.  Where did it end up being?  At the other end of the mall.  The smoothies were good, but I still wasn't feeling well and so we went back to our little room and I laid down and Kayli read.

Then, Kayli realized that she should be reading on the beach, and I got up and we went back to the first beach, a mile away.  It was really, really extra windy, and the wind wasn't warm.  I enjoyed the birds, and we waited and waited to see the dolphins that we were told come every day at sunset -- but if they were there -- they were hidden in the waves!
It may be silly to take lots of pictures of seagulls, but they were funny.
This one was eyeing my granola bar.  He looks innocent I know.

I put the remaining crumbs of my granola bar on the sang a foot away from my towel.
This seagull marched around Kayli and me twice before getting up the courage to come close enough to have some crumbs -- no doubt mixed with sand.

Not so impressive of a picture, but these birds were great.  They would fly over the ocean and then,
all of a sudden they'd take a nose dive into the ocean beak first with a big splash.
Once they must have found a school of fish because I watched several diving close to the same location.

The birds -- and the man who was teaching his son to surf without ever getting his feet wet.
I don't think it went so well.

There were a couple of sail boats.  They were beautiful, which is a bit hard to tell in my pictures.

At sunset I get camera happy, but I think this first one was taken by Kayli.




And that was it.  No dolphins, and the sun set on our last, quite chilly day at the beach.
We were off to pack, get a little sleep, and head home (Friday very early).
We successfully returned the car, got to the airport, and flew to Prove where
Derek's kind parents came and gave us a ride home.

No comments: