Tuesday, October 15, 2019

Wednesday: El Matador Beach

Me (Sherie), Kayli
Wednesday we got up in a leisurely fashion and ate breakfast.  Then we headed out to El Matador beach, about an hour and a half from where we were staying.  It was supposed to be chillier this day than any of the others so we just wore shorts.  It turned out to be the warmest beach we went to.
Kayli

Kayli and I under one of the rocks.


There are a lot of pictures of birds.  I was stalking the birds with my camera, but I kept not quite getting the picture I was hoping for!  They were still fun to watch.

Kayli on the rock -- still dry.

And still dry.


Not wet yet!

The stairs we did not use to get to the beach.
The sign says Private Property.

Apparently if you wade through this hole in the rock, you will find a cave on the other side.
Some guy and his buddy said it was cool.  "You should come.  The water is low right now.  Easy to get to."
I thanked them for the info but didn't follow them.


This is the lone seagull.  I almost had an awesome picture of him flying away with the other
birds in the background.  You'll have to imagine.  I hit the wrong button and turned the camera off.
I always panic!

More Kayli on her rock.

A not very good selfie with a shallow cave in the background.  Later some girl and her boyfriend played the guitar and sang while snuggled together.  She had a good voice we think.  The waves were loud.

This is what happened when Kayli tried to get off of her rock.
Big wave.  Can you say, "new phone?"

More birds.  This was by far the cloudiest day.  But it was warm.

I got a headache and we went back up to the car for a bit and ate, and got a drink and tried to make it go away.
Then we walked back down and explored the other side of the beach.  Kayli climbed a big rock.  She likes climbing rocks.  She took this picture of me.

She also took this one of me balancing on rocks staring at the ocean.

And the last one.  We headed back not too long after.  On our walk back we saw a dolphin jumping in the waves.  I always feel super lucky when I see a dolphin.
We started our trip back when there was a bit more traffic, and it was supposed to take a full half hour longer to get back.  My phone kept changing routes to find us the fastest one.  Left, right, left, right.  We weaved through all sorts of homes.  I was trying to listen to her, and Derek (who had called and was chatting mostly with Kayli), and I really needed to find a pit stop, and my head was pounding.  I was really glad when we finally made it back to where we were staying.  Unfortunately that was one of the worst headaches I've had in a while.  I got some sleep propped up on the couch, but my head didn't really stop hurting that night ever.  That was a rather lousy end to a very fun and beautiful day.  El Matador beach was worth the trip!

1 comment:

Mike said...

I'm glad to see you and Kayli had a good time. I'm more impressed by your play on words"we leisurely got up". To me that means you slept till noon which I find nothing wrong with!LOL! Take care Cuz! Love ya!