Monday, November 4, 2019

A Happy Sunday

Photo by Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
There were a number of good things about Sunday.  First, we had surprise visitors.  One of President Oaks' grandsons is in our ward and was blessing his new baby girl, and President Oaks came to participate.  He is the first counselor in the first presidency of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.  His wife came too.  She is lovely and kind.  We wondered if people would be too intimidated to share their testimonies, but instead there were a steady stream of people sharing their testimonies of our Savior. 

I was worried Sunday morning about the Primary Program practice.  The program is next week.  How would it go?  We have such a good group of kids and teachers, and even with several visitors I thought it went quite well.

After that I headed to choir and saw Derek in the hall.  He told me to go with Dan and shake President Oaks hand.  I ended up mostly chatting with his wife while he talked to someone else.  It turns out that they had visited Dan's class right after Sacrament meeting.  After chatting about the beauty of the Payson temple and temples in general, she said hello to Dan and President Oaks shook his hand.  She told me they had gone to his class and he was a good boy.  As they left (I had shaken President Oaks hand as I talked to Sister Oaks) she turned around to mouth, "He is a really good boy."  Derek and Kayli had shaken President Oaks hand after Sunday School. 

Later that evening we had a family dinner at Derek's parent's house.  It was really good to visit with those who could come.  I am thankful for our good extended family!

1 comment:

Happy Mom said...

What a wonderful experience!