Thursday, November 21, 2019

The Priceless Gift of A Friend

"Friends are the relatives you make for yourself."
Eustache Deschamps 

Today I am thankful for friends.  I have a lot of people that I think of as friends.  I am especially thankful that I have long time friends who, even if I don't see them for what seems like ages, or even talk to them, are still super happy when we do get to spend time together.  Today I called one of these friends and she answered!  She was getting ready to leave and so we tried to squish months of visiting into ten minutes.  Those ten minutes felt like a priceless gift to me.  I used to have quite a few chances to help her, but I always came away feeling like she had helped me more than I had helped her.

I have other long time friends who have helped me through the rough patches that come with living life, and who have rejoiced with me in the good times.  Friends like these are truly priceless.  I love them.

Doggies are good friends too.  But not quite the same :-)

Enjoy my lovely morning hair!

No comments: