Friday, November 22, 2019

Fun!


 I decided I wanted to volunteer to bring a craft to do during the Thanksgiving weekend, and so I've gone craft happy trying to decide what to do.  At least I think it is fun and nothing has turned out so terrible that I have gotten frustrated.  I put the salt shaker snowman first because he just makes me smile.  I actually made him last.  The candle was Wednesday's first project. I glued candies to it so that it would look festive.


On Pinterest this was in a larger jar with the candy canes glued to the outside and a dozen fake roses in the jar and a red ribbon.  I did not want to try to glue all of those candy canes and thought it looked festive enough this way.  I put a red ribbon on, but it bothered me that the red of the ribbon and the red of the flowers didn't exactly match -- and so I went with green :-)

This is all of my projects except the smaller snowman and my smaller star.  The stars took hours.  The other four projects combined took a little over one hour.

 So what project will I pick for Thanksgiving weekend?  Probably one I haven't tried yet.  There are some no bake cinnamon "cookies" that you can make, and dry, and then paint.  They are also supposed to smell good (Bonus!).  We used to paint ornaments as children and so this will be nice and nostalgic.  In the mean time I've been enjoying creating silly snowmen, festive candles, stars, and a festive looking jar of beautiful fake roses!

No comments: