Saturday, November 9, 2019

My First Date With Derek

Derek and I at my apartment -- not on our first date :-)
On November 7th, 1987 I went on my first date with Derek.  We went roller skating with some of his roommates and their dates.  Then we watched Star Trek IV at his apartment.  When I got home my roommates were waiting to quiz me about how it went.  They always did this when I went on dates and I usually answered something like, "The movie was good", or "We won the ball game".  When I told them the date was fun (or something like that) they said, "You're going to marry him."  And, in a couple of months we were engaged, and in May 1988 we were married.  On Monday we will have been married 31 and 1/2 years.  I am thankful that Derek asked me on that first date, and that we still get to go on dates now!

1 comment:

Happy Mom said...

Yay! I remember these happy days!