Friday, November 8, 2019

Perseverance, Determination, and Love

Today I was thinking about my family and the challenges we have faced throughout the years.  Some challenges are short, and the solutions come quickly, but there are others that are long, and discouraging.  I am so thankful that through these challenges I have seen such good examples of perseverance and determination.  Determination to find a solution.  Perseverance when life is hard and the next step is not obvious.  Even determination to be cheerful when there are legitimate excuses to be frustrated and grumpy.  Through it all I have also watched my family set good examples of love, compassion, service, and forgiveness.

Every day I am thankful for the good people I know, and the good examples all around, but I do not need to look farther than my own home to find a group of people who, while suffering through some very hard things, will put a smile on, keep putting one foot in front in front of the other, and reach out to lift others, even when they feel like they might be sinking themselves.  I love this family of mine!

No comments: