Saturday, November 2, 2019

We Have In Our House a Fireplace

The most recent picture of our fireplace.
And Kayli with Teddy, Doug, and Chewy
Which I posted about 2 days ago!
We have lived in our house for over 21 and a half years.  I wonder how many days worth of hours I have spent sitting by our fireplace.  It has been one of our favorite things ever since we moved in.  It is warmth when it's cold, an extra seat when we need it, and a cheery look on Christmas, and any other winter night.  It has a mantle for a family picture, or flowers, or bats (for Halloween) or Christmas stockings.  So, on this cold November night (I'm writing the night of Nov. 1st), I am thankful that we have a reliable source of heat that has even worked before when the heater didn't -- though the heater has been fairly reliable and I am thankful for it too!
The mantle sometime in the last 13 years (Dan has a stocking!)

No comments: