Thursday, November 14, 2019

Don't Deify Problems

We are like little children to God.  He knows how to help!
I was listening to the Christian radio station on Tuesday and they said, "Don't deify your problems -- making them greater than God."  I had never thought of it that way.  When we believe that our problems are unsolvable, or too hard to handle, we are giving them more power than we are giving (in our mind) to God.  With God there is always hope, and help, and growth.

I have heard other Christians say, "Our God is a big God".  By that they are just saying that His power is bigger than any problem.  His knowledge is bigger than our ignorance (and our knowledge).  His plan is bigger, and better than ours.  His love can help us overcome any hate.  He is a BIG God!!

I am sure there are times when I have unthinkingly deified my problems, and forgotten in my distress that I believe in "The Mighty God, The Everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace" and that when I trust in Him, and turn to Him, He can help me find peace, and rest.

Photo by Liane Metzler on Unsplash

No comments: