Friday, February 28, 2020

Pictures From Thankful Thursday

I took this picture this morning and it's already outdated!  I moved our scriptures
from the basket on the right to the square basket thing on the left.  I decided to just
put the shoes away and use the basket on the right in the closet to store the tablecloths
I haven't given away.

I dropped things off at D.I. today.  Then I acquired more things.  Someone saw the picture
on the left in my cart and said, "Good Find!"  I have found people who shop at D.I.
to be encouraging, and happy for you when you find a treasure!  That one on the left is a
limited addition and is signed by the artist.  It looks like maybe it was hung in a church.  I already own the picture on the right, but this one has a nicer frame and matting.

What is this?  Well, it's a shelf thing.  I just liked it and so I got it.
I'm going to need Derek's help to hang it up, and then maybe I'll put pretty things on it
and take another picture.  I don't know what I'm supposed to keep in the tiny drawers.
It really reminds me of the things at church that they put the hymn numbers on -- just because of its shape.  I did NOT buy everything I liked.  There was this awesome rustic little table that I couldn't come up with an excuse to buy because we don't need one, and have absolutely nowhere that makes sense to put it.

This is me preparing to work with dust and sage.  I was going out to sand my table and trim my sage plants.  It turns out that I needed to use paint stripper again because it turned the paint into a gooey mess that doesn't sand.  I think maybe tomorrow I can sand.  Maybe.
Last time I sanded I had the sneezy, coughing type reaction to the dust so I wore my mask today.  I also happen to be allergic to sage plants -- which was obvious after I trimmed the sage last year.
Unfortunately it's obvious this year too -- but at least  I feel better -- I just have a fairly constant cough.  Sigh.  I only finished 1/3 of the sage.  Maybe I'll hold my breath while I trim the rest.
(Just kidding!  That doesn't work.)

This is me after working, which accounts for the tired look.  It is also before my rejuvenating shower and dinner.  I sure enjoyed the sun today!  I also saw a friend when I was walking to the library while waiting for my car's oil to be changed.  Getting to talk to a friend was one of the real treasures of the day (besides my awesome family).

No comments: