Friday, February 14, 2020

Valentine's Day at Our House

Derek took the picture.  It was nice of him to cut out the mess in the kitchen!
Valentine's Day started like any normal Friday.  Derek went off early to play basketball, the boys went to school and Kayli went to work.  I did a few things and then fell asleep for an hour.  It wasn't until I woke up that I remembered it was Valentine's Day!  Derek didn't neglect me.  He got me beautiful flowers a few days ago, and had texted to wish me a happy day, but the sound was off on my phone and I slept through it.

Derek was able to come home early so we went to the temple.  Now we are waiting to be joined by Trisa, Connor, Chewy and our nephew Weston.  I did remember Valentine's day earlier in the week so once I remembered I just needed to get the things out that I had gotten.  Usually we just get everyone a book.  This year I didn't want to try to guess what books everyone would enjoy so they are going to pick their own.

I wanted to put some kind of quote on the table but I finally decided that I could just say what I wanted to say without quoting anyone else.  There is joy to be found in loving one another!  Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments: