Monday, January 2, 2023

A Fun Surprise

Today when Dan's friend got to visit.

Last year Dan had a rough time in high school.  He hadn't been in regular school for a year and a half and had gotten a bit behind with online school.  He had some friends at the beginning of the year that didn't end up being so grand and the whole year was turning into a disappointment.  He wasn't feeling very smart and he was lonely.  And then one day, while he was sitting in the hall eating lunch by himself again, J. stopped and asked him if he would like to join her group.  It turned out to be a very good group and J. a very good friend.  He was invited to activities in the summer and he goes to see them before seminary in the morning.
Today we finally got to meet J. and her Dad (since she came here and he didn't know who we were).  When the knock came at the door I went over to meet her and found that I knew her Dad!  J.'s aunts and uncles and grandparents had been in our ward for years.  I taught one aunt as a young woman at church.  Another aunt is friends with my daughter Tia.  One of her uncles is good friends with my son Connor. I sang in the ward choir with another uncle, and her Dad's twin brother used to be our home teacher!  Her Grandma and one Uncle were here just a couple of weeks before Christmas.

Dan never knew J.'s last name and she never knew his and so it was a surprise; a good one.  I was very thankful to get a chance to tell her Dad how thankful I have been for J..  She came along when she was needed and made a huge difference.  Everyone needs a friend and I am thankful that Dan found a good one. 

No comments: