Wednesday, January 18, 2023

Using Imagination for Learning

Trisa and a happy Chewy

I enjoyed looking at baby pictures of Trisa today and then talking to the grown up Trisa.  We were talking about The Chosen and I was telling her that as I watched the depiction of Jesus visiting the place where He grew up and telling people in the Synagogue who He really is, I realized that it is easy to read the Gospels and not stop to think of how Jesus must have felt, or Mary, or even the people in the town!  But if I do stop and think about it, and use my imagination to picture it, then I am even more grateful for what Jesus was willing to do.

I was also thinking about their depiction of the Apostles.  It made me think of them in the context of their lives and the people around them and how they were very human, and just learning as they went along.  They were far from perfect and yet the Lord was able to use them to do great things in building His kingdom on the Earth!  If He can use them, then He can use us - if we will let Him!


No comments: