Wednesday, January 25, 2023

Giant Snowflakes, Sunshine, and Friends

Today we woke up to snow again, but the roads were okay and Dan was able to get to seminary early.  He was glad because that means he can see his friends before class.  I was able to get up the road to home.  As I sat by the fire trying to get up the energy to actually do something, I watched giant snow flakes falling.  They were so big that I stood close to the window and looked up.  It's like being in the snow without being cold or wet!  Later, after Dan was home, I was talking to a friend on the phone and the sun came out.  The snowflakes weren't nearly as big anymore, but this time they looked like glitter!

Brigham is cute.
My picture taking skills
aren't spectacular :-/

I was glad my friend called.  Life is really difficult for her and her family right now, and she needed someone to talk to.  It makes me happy that she feels safe calling me.  I love talking to her.  After I got off the phone I hurried to get ready for my appointment in Provo.  I made it in plenty of time and was out half hour later and on my way to visit Brigham!  He had so many smiles for me today!  He was walking around (carefully), or crawling really fast, or climbing rather expertly.  I got to see Mike and Tia too and that was great.

After getting home Kayli and I went off on a shopping trip.  It was one of those times when I ran into people I knew, or who knew me.  One was a lady I see at the temple, one was a relative that recognized me as being Doyle's daughter, and another was a friend from our old neighborhood.  I have been able to communicate with a few people this week and it is a blessing.


No comments: