Saturday, November 26, 2022

A Rest

We've had this chair for a very long time.  Derek got it for me when the girls were little.  Back then it didn't have a snake puppet along the back, or an electric blanket on it, but it was still a good chair!

Today I had a headache - again.  I'm rather tired of having headaches.  I haven't been as bothered by them lately, but the last week seems to be the exception.  Ugh.  I got up anyway and tried to make it go away.  I didn't notice that it worked much, but it's not like you can skip to the end of the day!  

I helped Derek put a shelf in the laundry room with a bar to hang clothes, and I went to my first gender reveal ever.  It was for Trevor and Mac (Amanda's brother and sister-in-law).  It's a boy!  Then I came home.  I had been kind of cold all day and so I left on my winter coat and hat and sat in my chair with the electric blanket on high and dozed off and on.  I was, and am, thankful that I finally did get warm, and I feel a bit better for having taken a rest.  Sometimes there just is no substitute for a good rest!

This really doesn't have much to do with my day.  This is what I am looking at as I get ready to turn out the light.  We had dinner and a movie at Connor and Amanda's tonight.  Their apartment is clean and festive and they are very welcoming.  It was a fun evening thanks, at least in part, to the fact that I got to fit a rest in!

No comments: