Saturday, November 19, 2022

The Chosen

 

Picture from The Chosen Facebook page.
Those are the backs of the person who plays Matthew on the left,
and the one who plays Jesus on the right.

Last night before I wrote on my blog, I took a trip down a rabbit hole. A pretty deep one. By that I mean I lost myself for a bit in spiraling downward thoughts. I realized sometime today that I had forgotten to keep my focus on God, and had gotten stuck in my usual trap of focusing in the wrong direction - on me and what I could NOT do by myself, instead of what God can do with me and with all of those who love Him.

Not long after that Kayli texted to ask if I wanted to go to the theater and see the first couple of episodes of The Chosen Season 3 with her. YES! I really love The Chosen. We sometimes, at our house, refer to watching The Chosen as spending time with Jesus.  It is historical fiction that, in my opinion, shows very well the fact that Elder Holland mentioned in his talk "Lord, I Believe".  Elder Holland said,
Except in the case of His only perfect Begotten Son, imperfect people are all God has ever had to work with.

The Chosen portrays people who are real.  They have real problems, and real feelings, and are working very hard to have real faith in Jesus.  That describes me, and a lot of other people, really well.  We have real problems, and real feelings, and are working hard to believe Christ, and to have faith in Him.  Not just what He can do, but who He can help us to become.

Derek's patience and calm helped me out last night.  Watching The Chosen was good for my soul today.  I am thankful for the reminder to focus on Jesus, who saves.

No comments: