Wednesday, November 2, 2022

The Look of Christmas

Earlier today.  It is much snowier now
but dark!

Today I went to Provo and got a cortizone shot in my right wrist.  I hope it will make my wrist and thumb all better.  It was the quickest appointment I think I've ever had.  Ten minutes tops!  Then I went to lunch with a friend.  It's hard to beat time with a friend!

As I drove to Provo and back I listened to a book from the online library and there are two quotes I want to remember.  They are not exact because I couldn't write them down while driving.

The first had something to do with not letting other people decide who we are, what we "should" do, and what we are or aren't good at.  We can do that ourselves with God's help.

The second quote said "If you believe something, then it's as if it were true."  The author told a story about one of his co-workers in a closet (It's a long story).  The author told the man he was going to put a chair under the door knob so he couldn't get out.  It turned out that the chair wouldn't fit, but the guy in the closet didn't know, and so when he was told he was locked in he yelled, and tried climbing into the ceiling to escape, but he never once tried the doorknob.  He was never stuck.  He just believed he was.  So if we believe something about ourselves that isn't true, it can keep us stuck -- never trying something that could be the solution we need!

The rest of the day I worked around the house while watching the snow fall beautifully outside the windows.  Of course, I listened to Christmas music because I like to do that.  It was a nice peaceful day.

No comments: