Monday, November 28, 2022

Deer, A Luxurious Shelf, Meditation, and Feeling Better

Today I wondered where the deer that have been regulars in our yard went.  As I walked Teddy I found a LOT of them.  The brave, bold mama deer who doesn't cower at all when Teddy lunges and growls and the other six deer run away.  The 4 point buck, and the 3 point buck along with a lot of other deer.  All seemed to be right there along the two blocks we walked.

Later I went into the laundry room where Derek and I put up a shelf on Saturday and put a couple of things on it.  It is the nicest laundry room I've ever had, and it's quite a luxury to have an entire shelf that I currently don't need.  All of the stuff is hidden away in the closet where it can have the door shut upon it.


Today I also tried out Sheng Zhen Meditation again.  It is kind of like a smiley Tai Chi with flowy movements.  Later I started listening to a book called Feel Better in 5 by Dr. Rangan Catterjee who is a Dr. from the UK.  It is an interesting book on its own, made better because he has a fun British accent.  I have read so many self help books at this point that I often hear the same ideas over and over (which is just fine).  This had some of those and some newer ones.  One thing he says is that health isn't a destination, it is something you do.  

He has 6 ideas to help.  I will just mention the first and the last.  The first is to start easy.  The easier the behavior the less motivation is needed (and motivation fluctuates).  His example was some guy who hated flossing his teeth so he decided he could floss one tooth after brushing his teeth.  Naturally eventually he has made the habit of flossing and does them all.

The last thing he mentioned in this particular area was to celebrate every time you make another step successfully.  If you exercise for 5 minutes congratulate yourself heartily:-).  The happier you feel after doing something healthy, the more likely you will want to do it again - so do lots of celebrating.

There were a lot of good things in this day and I am really thankful.  I know that I really need those days that I feel like I've managed to do a lot of good things!

No comments: