Tuesday, November 15, 2022

Bright Spots In My Day

A beautiful flower seems a good symbol for a "bright spot"!
Photo by Maria on Unsplash

I've been trying to get in touch with one of my friends for a few days.  I know she has some energetic little kids and that sometimes it is hard for her to find time to communicate.  Still, I was starting to get worried.  Today one of the brightest parts of my day was her answering her phone when I called.  They have all been quite sick but they had good news too.  So good that she didn't feel like even the word miracle was good enough to describe it.  I was so happy to talk to her.  She has been so good at loving me, and appreciating every little thing I do.  Their family has given me get well notes when I was sick and came up on my birthday to bring cards and sing happy birthday.  She and her husband work hard to teach their kids good things, including being very thoughtful.  Her kids love me too which is a bonus!  I was very glad to talk to this friend.

The next bright spot was coming out of my oncology appointment.  I was starting to drive out of the parking lot when I saw a friend that lives down the street from me.  I love how much energy she has to share with other people.  I think even if she was really exhausted she would find energy to make someone feel important.  We compared all of the different ways we are broken and yet it was not a sad conversation.  I love her too.

I loved getting home and having Teddy be so excited to see me that he got what we call "the zoomies".  I also liked my time in the office at the temple.  We were a little short on help today, and the next shift was too and so I stayed until the phones were turned off.  There are such nice people there who are doing their best to help each other and those who come in.

Now I am home again with my good family.  The fire is on (it sounds weird but it's a gas fire) and it is warm in here even with the cold outside.  I do love being warm and NOT cold!  

I hope your day had many bright spots too!

No comments: