Wednesday, November 9, 2022

The Most Awesome Clouds

 

This is not what I saw, but I sure think clouds are spectacular!
Photo by Torsten Dederichs on Unsplash

I'm writing this a little past bedtime and have been feeling a little down, even though my day was great.  As I was sitting here trying to look back at my terrific day and see if there was any moment when I kind of paused and thought, "WOW!  That is really awesome!" I remembered.  I was driving down to get Dan from seminary and the view on the drive down is almost always spectacular, even in the dark.  Today started out rainy, but the rain had stopped for the moment, and as I looked down at Utah Lake I could see the clouds dipping down from the mountains on either side of the lake like a giant smiley face.  I tried to get a picture after I got home but the clouds had moved and I couldn't get the view I wanted.  You therefore will have to trust me when I say it was awesome!

I did a lot of cleaning and organizing today, which I generally enjoy.  I have a blue wooden box that I got at D.I. over a year ago.  I haven't known what to use it for lately, but I came up with an idea today and love how it turned out.  I put my children's books in it and so I now have a portable children's library!  It looks better than the messy pile I had in my closet before.

Later I decided to switch out the picture above my bed again.  I wasn't loving the way the one I had up before looked, and we had a couple of paintings in the garage that were painted by relatives (or at least one of them was).  Anyhow, I brought one in, washed it up and fixed it so it would stay in the frame correctly and hung it on my wall.  I like how that turned out too.

Thinking of these good things has driven away the sad feelings and I am now ready to sleep happy.  Remembering the good things, and being thankful, can work a happy kind of magic!

No comments: