Monday, November 14, 2022

Deer Paparazzi and Fix it Woman

I was taking SO many pictures this morning of the deer, mostly because the four point buck showed up with 5 or 6 lady deer.  The deer below is standing maybe 5 feet from the house eating Dan's pumpkin that he allowed Kayli to throw off of the deck yesterday.



This fellow had his picture taken the most.

I don't know that I ever saw him eat anything.  His job seemed to be keeping guard while looking
as regal as possible:-)

This evening when I was folding laundry there were 12 deer outside my bedroom window snacking on the dry weeds.  Eventually a few took a break to lie down by the fence or under the trampoline frame.  We also saw a lot of turkeys and some lovely blue birds today!  Seeing the wildlife is one of my favorite things about living here.

As for being the "Fix it Woman", we have a big garage door that, once it gets cold, starts bouncing back up when we try to close it.  Last year I called our building supervisor who sent someone over.  But the garage door guy charged $75 and, from their sign I happen to know that prices have gone up.  Therefore, I tried YouTube.  It turns out that if you know what you are doing it really takes less than 5 minutes to fix.  I didn't know what I was doing and followed the video's "check this first, second, and third" list.  Next time I'll just skip to the end!  Now we don't have to try to stop our garage door as close to the bottom as possible and it stops and locks all on its own!  I felt pretty smart as long as I didn't think about last year!!

I am also feeling smart for writing this earlier today.  Maybe I'll get to sleep earlier!!

1 comment:

Mike said...

Hello Cuz! You definitely got the wildlife. Seems like when you get up my way the lower down humans go on the food chain. Bears,panthers,wolves,coyotes,you get the picture. Have you ever heard a panther scream? It will sure get your attention, quick! YouTube is great to have around as I used it to repair our dryer and nearly anything else around the house. Hope everybody is doing well. We're hangin in there. Take care!