Thursday, November 3, 2022

Watching Traffic

Dan used to like to get his picture taken.  He was always posing dramatically.
Now this is about the best I can do.  This is Dan at This is the Place Heritage Park.
We went a week or so after his birthday and rode horses.

 At least with most of my children, when they've had drivers ed, they've had to observe traffic for an hour and mark the traffic violations they see.  I think we mainly did this in summer sitting by the hospital,  but today Dan and I sat in the van by the main light in Payson and he marked traffic violations.  We went into Walgreens first to get snacks.  Smart move!  I had a book or two to read and looked up every now and then to point out somebody talking on their cell phone.  I very much enjoyed Dan's commentary as he was disappointed in how often he had to make a mark on his paper.  "Oh man!  People!"  He did like when there were trucks that went by with two men who looked like they were enjoying good conversations.  He said, "I don't know why, but I just like that."  I've never had so much fun with this particular assignment before.  We were still glad when it was over, but time didn't drag!  I'm thinking I should have been a little more creative and fun when I went with the other kids to do their traffic watching.  For sure snacks would have helped!

No comments: